Beddar with Cheddar Corn Bread Stew
Servings: 6 | Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 package (14 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Beddar with Cheddar Smoked Sausage
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 large red onion, cut in small wedges
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 package (8.5 ounces) corn muffin mix
3 cups chicken stock
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/3 cup cold water
1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
1) Cut sausage into ¼ inch slices and set aside.
2) In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, bring broth to a boil.
3) Add vegetables, continue to cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp and tender.
4) In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch. Stir until smooth.
5) Add to vegetables, continue to cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
6) Stir in ½ cup of cheese and sausage.
7) Spoon mixture into a greased 2 ½ quart baking dish.
8) In a small bow, mix corn muffin mix according to package directions.
9) Spoon batter over the surface of vegetable/sausage mixture.
10) Add remaining cheese to batter.
11) Bake at 400º F for 20 to 25 minutes or until corn bread is golden brown.