Holiday Brat Stuffing
Servings: 12 | Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Brats, casings removed
2 medium onions, chopped
1 cup green pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon rubbed sage
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup butter
2 cups celery, chopped
12 cups unseasoned bread stuffing cubed2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
6 cups chicken broth
1) In a large skillet, brown and cook crumbled sausage until no longer pink. Drain. Remove from skillet; set aside.
2) In the same skillet, melt butter and sauté onion, celery and gree pepper until tender.
3) In an extra large mixing bowl, combine sausage, vegetable mixture, bread stuffing and seasonings.
4) Add eggs and broth; toss gently.
5) Salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into a buttered 3 to 4 quart baking dish.
6) Cover with foil and bake at 325º for 60 minutes.
7) Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned.