Italian Sausage Market Meatloaf
Servings: 4 to 6 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 50 minutes
1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Mild Italian Sausage Links, removed from casing (Cut sausage link end to end, about three quarters of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing and pull off.)
¾ cup chilli sauce
¾ cup rolled oats
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 red or green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 cup fresh or defrosted frozen corn kernels
3 slices Provolone cheese
¾ pound ground beef
¼ cup water
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
1) Preheat the oven to 350º F.
2) In a large bowl, combine ½ cup of the chili sauce with the water. Add the oats, egg, chili powder, Worcestershire, and mix well.
3) Add the decased sausage and the ground beef. Add the bell pepper, onion, corn and mix well.
4) Divide the meat mixture in half. Lay half the meat mixture in a lightly greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
5) Create a shallow indent in the meat allowing the edges to rise along the edge of the pan. Layer the provolone and the spinach leaves on top of the meat along the center, staying about ½ inch away from the edges.
Cover completely with the 2nd half of the meat mixture forming a domed top and sealing the edges.
6) Bake uncovered for 50 minutes.
7) Spread the remaining ¼ cup chili sauce over the top of the loaf and bake until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of the loaf registers 165ºF. About 15 to 20 minutes longer.
8) Allow the loaf to stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.