Cook Time: 35 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
3/4 pound Jennie-O Turkey bacon strips, halved
1 (1-pound) package Johnsonville Little Smokies smoked Cocktail sausages
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon Cape Herb & Spice Extra Bold Peppercorn (Grinder)
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking pan with foil or parchment paper and place a wire rack on top of it.
2. Over medium heat, fry the bacon in a pan until some of the fat is rendered and the bacon is still pliable. Do not fry the bacon until it is crispy as you might not be able to wrap it around the sausages later.
3. Cool down the bacon slices for 5 minutes on a paper towel.
4. Wrap each sausage with the precooked bacon and use a toothpick to secure it.
5. Place the brown sugar into a bowl and roll each wrap in it.
6. Place the sausages on top of the wire rack over the foil-lined pan. The drippings from the bacon and sugar will burn easily, so always use a wire rack. This will keep the sausages away from the drippings to prevent them from burning.
7. Brush the maple syrup over the sausage and sprinkle with pepper.
8. Bake the wraps for 25-35 minutes the bacon-wrapped sausages or until the bacon is crispy and sausages are hot.
9. Remove the wire rack from the baking pan and cool the wraps for 4-6 minutes and serve.