Cook Time: 190 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
8 ounces Sliced Danish Back Bacon- coarsely chopped
2 and ½ pounds Grass Fed Beef Chuck Tender (Chilled)
¼ cup flour
Cape Herb and Spice Salt and Pepper (Grinder) to taste.
1 and ½ pounds small potatoes halved
1 onion diced
1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
2 tablespoons La Corvinia Concentrated Tomato Paste.
4 carrots halved and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F and place a large pot over medium heat.
2. Cook the bacon with occasional stirring until crisp, then remove it from the pot.
3. Drain and pat dry the bacon slices with a paper towel and then set it aside.
4. Keep 2 tbsps of bacon fat from the pan and dispose of the rest.
5. Season the beef with salt and pepper and add 1/2 of the meat to the bacon fat in the pot. Cook it for 4-6 minutes on each side or till it’s deep golden brown.
6. Remove the beef from the pot and repeat the same browning process with the remaining 1/2 of the meat.
7. Remove the second batch of meat from the pot.
8. Add in the onions into the pot and season to taste with some salt & pepper. Cook with occasional stirring, until tender and is lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes.
7. Return the meat to the pot, adding in the flour, tomato paste & cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat the meat evenly.
8. Add in thyme and beef broth into the pot. Cover the pot with a lid and place it in the oven to cook for 2 hours.
9. After 2 hours, remove the pot from the oven & mix in the carrots, potatoes, and 1/2 half of the bacon. Return the pot to the oven & bake for another 1 hour.
10. Add chopped parsley and some of the remaining bacon as toppings and serve.