Healthy Tomato & White Bean Pasta
- 1 cup Daiya Vegan Shredded Mozzarella
- 2-3 plant-based Italian sausages
- 1 lb box gluten-free rigatoni pasta
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 can of navy beans, 15 ounces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup Tomato Sauce
- parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add water to a pot and bring to a rolling boil. Once boiling, add 1 pound of pasta and cook for the allotted time specified on the packaging. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Cut plant-based sausage into 1-inch size pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Cook sausage for about 5 minutes, turning as it cooks. Set sausage aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add cherry tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Sauté tomatoes, shaking frequently until they become soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and rinse 1 can of navy beans and add to the hot pan with cherry tomatoes.
- Add the cooked pasta and cooked sausage to the pan.
- Add ½ cup of your favorite tomato sauce and mix in 1 cup of Daiya Vegan Shredded Mozzarella.
- Transfer pasta from heat to a dish and garnish with chopped parsley.