- Preheat your oven to 180 ºC. Use a fork to lightly mix together the dried fruit, nuts and feta. Use a sharp boning knife to stab a slit in the bottom of each double chop. Push in your index finger to open it up a bit. Use a teaspoon to scoop the stuffing into the slit, then close and secure with a toothpick or two. Drizzle the chops lightly with olive oil and dust liberally with Cape Herb & Spice Steak & Chops Shaker Seasoning. Heat a thick-based frying pan, add a drizzle of oil and fry over high heat on both sides for a minute or two just to seal and start browning the chops. Place them in a roasting tray and roast in the oven until done to your liking – 5cm thick double chops should take about 30 minutes to be done medium.
- Whip up a quick and easy mint sauce while the chops are roasting by combining the mint, sugar and boiling water - stir to dissolve. Then stir in the vinegar. Taste and adjust sugar and vinegar levels to your liking if needs be. Place in the fridge to cool until you use it.
- Instead of hot water, you can soak the dried fruit in rooibos tea, fruit juice or even warmed brandy.
More Options for this Spice~
- Brush mealies with butter, sprinkle with Cape Herb & Spice Steak & Chops Shaker Seasoning and place on the barbeque.
- Place chicken fillets between two sheets of cling film and use a rolling pin to bash as thinly as possible. Marinate for at least an hour in olive oil and Cape Herb & Spice Steak & Chops Shaker Seasoning. Place on a very hot braai very briefly then pile them onto soft white rolls with butter lettuce and mayo.