The Crispy Chicken Avocado Grilled Cheese with Jarlsberg®
- 1 ciabatta roll or any bread of your choice
- 2-3 tbsp crème fraîche
- 5-6 slices of Jarlsberg® Cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lemon
- 120 g chicken thigh or thigh fillet
- 1 spring onion
- chilli flakes, according to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- salt flakes, according to taste
- 100 ml chickpeas (ready cooked)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- Prepare the hummus by putting all the ingredients in a food processor and blending to a smooth consistency.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces, coat in sesame seeds and salt flakes, and fry them in butter until cooked through. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the chicken to cool.
- Slice the avocado and squeeze a little lemon juice over it to prevent it from going brown.
- Chop the spring onion into thin rings.
- Split the ciabatta roll and spread with crème fraîche.
- Add the Jarlsberg® cheese slices, chicken, sliced avocado, and spring onion. Top with chilli flakes and sesame seeds (optional).
- Place the two halves of the ciabatta together and grill in a sandwich toaster until grill marks appear and the cheese has melted.
- Serve with the hummus.