As its name suggest this dish comes from mother Russia. Great for guests or special occasions.
Prep Time: 15 mins / Cook Time: 45 mins
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 kg (2.2 pounds) beef sirloin or tenderloin steak cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (2 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4-cup butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon Cape Herb & Spice Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups Tatua Sour Cream
- 3 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- Cut beef across grain into about 1 1/2x1/2-inch strips.
- In a 10-inch skillet sauté mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender and transparent; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Cook beef in same skillet until brown. Sprinkle flower over meat and stir in until absorbed. Next, stir in the 1-½ cups broth, the salt and Worcestershire sauce. Heat to boiling then reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add onion mixture; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in sour cream; heat until hot (do not boil). Serve over noodles.