Succulent lamb marinated with soy, garlic and ginger provide a wonderful Asian taste.
Prep Time: 15 mins / Cook Time: 30 mins
- 500g (1pound) Lamb tenderloin, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing Rice Wine
- 2 tablespoons Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- ½ Red Onion, peeled and finely sliced
- ½ Yellow Onion, as above
- 6 cloves Garlic, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Ginger
- Freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- Garnish: Spring onions and deep fried garlic
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a non-metallic bowl. Place the sliced lamb in the marinade and toss to coat it evenly. Cover the bowl and place the lamb in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or longer.
- Heat a wok over a high heat until it is almost smoking, then add the oil. Drain the lamb and add it to the pan. Stir-fry the lamb for about 2 minutes, turning meat constantly.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger to the lamb and continue to cook for about 3 minutes until the garlic has softened and the meat is cooked through.
- Place the lamb in a large bowl, garnish with the deep-fried garlic and spring onion and serve on a bed of stir-fried vegetables with boiled rice.