Prep Time: 15 mins / Cook Time: 23 mins
- 1 package (24 ounces) Frozen JOHNSONVILLE Homestyle Meatballs
- 8 slices Cheddar cheese, quartered
- 28 small rolls, split
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 2 medium yellow onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large saucepan, combine meatballs and barbecue sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduced heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meatballs are heated through.
- Fry onions to golden brown in 2 tablespoon butter and set aside.
- Arrange rolls, cut sides up, on foil-lined baking sheets, Broil for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Top each roll bottom with cheese and a meatball. Sprinkle with fried onions.