This lamb dish has a heightened flavor and texture thanks to the pistachio and mustard.
Prep Time: 15 mins / Cook Time: 45 mins
Serves 6 to 8
- 2 racks of lamb, trimmed
- 1-teaspoon herbes de Provence
- Cape Herb & Spice Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1-tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1-teaspoon Filippo Berio olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 200º C (400º F). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Generously season each rack of lamb with herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Sear lamb in skillet and cook, browning on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer lamb to a foil-lined baking sheet; set aside.
- Stir pistachios, breadcrumbs, butter, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and black pepper in a bowl. Spread mustard on the fat-side of each rack of lamb. Pat pistachio mixture on top of mustard.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is golden and lamb is pink in the centre, around 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.