A simple and delicious way to serve beef, Asian style.
Prep Time: 15mins / Cook Time: 12 mins
Serves 2 to 3
- 200g beef (tenderloin cut preferred) sliced thinly and diagonally (against the grain)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 5 slices ginger sliced
- ½ Onion, cut into wedges
- ½ Capsicum (any colour of your choice, cut into wedges)
- 3 stalks spring onions (scallions) cut to 5 cm (2-inch) lengths
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour (corn starch)
- Cut beef into slices.
- Pat dry. In a bowl, combine prepared beef slices with (A).
- In a heavy skillet or wok heat oil. Next, when hot, sauté ginger, garlic, onions and capsicum for about 30 seconds.
- Add marinated beef and spring onions. Stir-fry on high heat briefly until the beef slices are no longer pink. Do not overcook the beef.
- Drizzle Chinese wine along the sides of the wok and let the wine sizzle and evaporate. Serve with steamed rice.